Leveraging transversal action to meet universal expectations
After preliminary studies enabling SILAB to identify the main skin characteristics of consumers according to ethnicity, gender, and age, three main expectations stand out and appear to outline the profile of a universal beauty:
- a beautiful skin quality, influenced by skin hydration and fine skin texture for a smoothed microrelief;
- an even, radiant complexion, free from spots related to post-inflammatory scars and skin aging;
- reduced signs of aging thanks to firmer skin and faded wrinkles.
Proven efficacy, from cell to skin
The combination of SILAB’s expertise in tissue engineering and in transcriptomics has enabled the exploration of the transversal activity spectrum of INCLUSIUM® on the biological pathways essential for epidermal and dermal functions. Thanks to a large-scale exploratory study, it has been established that INCLUSIUM®:
- stimulates epidermal functionalities by modulating the biological pathways related to the physical and water barrier, the immune barrier, and the anchoring of the epidermis to the dermis;
- reinforces the dermal matrix quality by boosting the synthesis of collagen I and reducing the synthesis of MMP-1.
Furthermore, five clinical studies were specifically designed to demonstrate the performance of INCLUSIUM®. Evaluated on mixed gender groups with young and mature, Caucasian, Asian, Latin-American and Afro-American panels, this active ingredient meets universal cosmetic expectations:
Alfalfa, a herbaceous plant with many virtues
Native to Asia, alfalfa has been cultivated throughout the world for thousands of years, for both its nutritional qualities and medicinal properties. This perennial plant, whose melliferous purple flowers entice pollinators, also holds previously unsuspected benefits for the skin.
To develop the active ingredient INCLUSIUM®, enriched in galactomannans, SILAB has used the seeds of this natural raw material.
Selected certified organic farms guarantee a secure, traceable supply of alfalfa seeds.
INCLUSIUM® is a patented active ingredient recommended at a dose of 0.5 to 2.5%. Available in aqueous solution, it is easy to formulate. It complies with biodiversity regulations and has a natural origin content of 99.2% (ISO 16128). It complies with international cosmetics regulations (Europe, USA, China, Japan, etc.).
Documentation available on the product page (login required).