Life in the company
Our site in Corrèze
Both modern and spacious, SILAB’s premises are located at the gates of Brive-la-Gaillarde on a 75,000 m2 park.
This unique site is equipped with the most advanced tools and technologies, allowing our employees to carry out their mandates in optimal working conditions.
Particular attention is paid to the safety and ergonomics of workstations in offices, workshops, and laboratories.
Known for its quality of life and exceptional heritage, Brive-la-Gaillarde is located in the heart of an unspoilt region, in Nouvelle-Aquitaine. It boasts a rich cultural milieu (book fair, music festival, theater, etc.) and an important network of associations and sports. Visit the Brive Tourism website (in French).
It is also a university town, attached to the Limoges academy.
Situated at a highway junction that puts it less than two hours from Toulouse, Bordeaux, and Clermont-Ferrand, Brive-la-Gaillarde also has an airport that connects it to Paris and several other destinations both in France and abroad.
The offices of our subsidiaries are strategically located in the various countries where we operate.
- United States: East Brunswick (New Jersey)
- United States: Long Beach (California)
- Brazil: São Paulo
- China: Shanghai
Work within the company is organized in daytime, in successive or overlapping shifts according to the needs of SILAB’s various departments.
Depending on their position, employees benefit from different measures, including flexible working hours and teleworking days, as governed by our Disconnection Charter.
They eat lunch on site to reduce the length of their workday.
- Supplemental health insurance: it benefit the employee as well as his/her family with no additional contributions required.
- Employee savings account: this allows employees to manage the investment of profit-sharing and incentive bonuses according to their plans.
- An inter-company nursery: a steady increase in the number of employees who are young parents led the company to support the project of an inter-company nursery, created in September 2010. Located on SILAB’s doorstep, Crèche Babilou has a capacity of 35 cribs. Each year, more than 25 children of employees are welcomed.
- A sustainable mobility package: deeply committed to its CSR approach, the company encourages its employees to use responsible means of travel. The sustainable mobility package encourages them to use alternatives to individual vehicles for their home-work commutes: carpools, public transport (train, bus), or bicycles. The site is accessible by bus.
- Electric vehicle charging stations: these are available to employees who need to recharge their electric vehicle batteries.
- Social and economic committee benefits : our Social and economic committee negotiates discounts in shops, in sports clubs, for sports and cultural events, etc. In light of its social mandate, it also offers various services as well as casual gatherings and opportunities for friendly interaction and sharing.
International employees enjoy similar benefits according to local regulations.